This page describes how to request a member account.
You do NOT need an account in order to view, download, or share materials in the repository. Accounts are only required for creating content, including modules, collections, and lenses, and provide additional benefits and features such as:
- My Favorites - Bookmark your favorite content for future reference.
- Track Your Progress - Start reading collections from the place where you last left off.
- Profiles - Update your member profile to let others know who you are and what you do.
To apply for a member account, use the following steps:
- Click on the
Get An Accountlink in the My Account sidebar on the right hand side of the page. The Request an Account page displays.
- Type in your first and last name, e-mail address, and home page URL. The fields with red squares next to the field names are required.
- Type in a user name.
- Review the site license agreement and check the box next to I have read the Site License and I agree to be bound by its terms. You must agree to the license in order to receive an account.
Request Account. The "Account Request Complete" page displays. The application will send an e-mail to the address you entered in the step above. The e-mail contains directions for activating your new account.
Figure 1: "Request an Account" page.
Request a New Password
If you never receive a confirmation email, or if you have forgotten your password, you will need to request a new password.
- Click on the
Forgot your password?link in the My Account sidebar on the right hand side of the page. The Lost Password page displays.
- Type in your user name and click the
Start password resetbutton.
- If you have also forgotten your user name, email email@example.com for help.
Figure 2: "Lost Password" page.
Logging In and Out
To log in, enter your user name and password in
the My Account sidebar on the right hand side of the page and click
To log out, click the
Log out link located above the
Search Box, in the upper
right side of the home page.
Figure 3: Personal toolbar after login.